The following organisations offer assistance for seniors in various areas:
- Seniorenhilfe, 24 hour service (German only).
- Address: 1150 Vienna, Sechshauser Str. 48
- Tel: 01 813 1708
- Email: email@example.com
- Fonds Soziales Wien (German). Information also available in English.
- The Ministry for Social Affairs offers comprehensive information in English.
- Hilfswerk Wien provides useful information on Betreutes Wohnen/Assisted Living and other relevant topics for seniors (German only).
- Address: 1070 Vienna, Schottenfeldgasse 29
- Tel: 01 512 3661
- Seniorenbetreuung 24h in case 24 hour care is required. Information available in German only.
- Tel: 0664 272 52 44
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Cross/Rotes Kreuz offers emergency assistance "Direct Call/Rufhilfe": seniors may rent an emergency bracelet with a red emergency button. If pushed, The Red Cross receives an alarm and will rush to assist the caller.
The Ministry of Social Affairs offers a broad range of information for seniors in German and English and includes a section on nursing homes in German and English. An information brochure - in German only - can be ordered via email to email@example.com .
A complete list of nursing homes in Austria arranged by province/Bundesland is also available (German only).